The digitisation project management solution Goobi is based on the latest software technology and standards. Goobi uses JavaServer Faces and can be operated independently of any specific platform. The following section contains a detailed overview of the technology involved and of the program’s potential applications.
- Flexible import from various OPACs (e.g. using PICA+, MARC21, MAB2, Dublin Core, MODS, LIDO, EAD)
- Flexible data export (e.g. as METS/MODS, METS/MARC, Dublin Core, OAI, MARC, LIDO, EAD)
- Support for different image file formats (e.g. TIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG)
- OCR integration using ABBYY Finereader SDK, Tesseract and ABBYY Recognition Server
- Editor to capture pagination data, structure data and metadata to whatever depth is required
- Integration and control of various scanning devices from different manufacturers
- Individual and automated tasks can be specified in any script language and can be used to extend the workflow.
- Development based on JavaServer Faces (JSF) 2.2.
- Support for commonly used Java application servers (e.g. Apache Tomcat, GlassFish)
- Support for commonly used SQL-compliant databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Support for directory services based on the x.500 protocol (e.g. LDAP, Active Directory)
- Not dependent on a single operating system (can be run for example on UNIX systems such as SUN Solaris, BSD systems, Mac OSX, different Linux distributions and Microsoft Windows)
- Goobi uses a range of protocols (e.g. SMB, FTP, SFTP and WebDAV) and is therefore not dependent on a single file system.
If the output generated by digitisation projects is to be of lasting value, it needs to be in a format that can also be processed by other software tools. For this reason, Goobi employs standardised formats. A list of the formats currently supported is shown below:
- Goobi overview
- Coordination of digitisation projects
- Workflows in digitisation projects
- Gallery of the Goobi functions
- Planning & managing of digitatisation projects
- Goobi to go
- Technical information of Goobi
- Goobi Release Notes
Latest Release Notes
- Release notes: Goobi 2.2
- Release Notes: Goobi 2.1
- Release Notes: Goobi 2.0
- Release Notes: Goobi 1.9.2
|Hard disk:||40 GB for operating system plus required data storage|