Brief overview of the ‘Goobi Administration’ course
The ‘Goobi Administration’ course is aimed at system administrators and others with a more detailed technical knowledge of Goobi and its infrastructure. If focuses on administrative topics, including individual configurations, metadata mapping and server-based scripts. A large part of the course is devoted to special configurations and modifications, and you will therefore need to work with a Linux terminal. Given the highly specialised nature of the course, participants will need a strong technical background and in-depth knowledge of how Goobi works.
The selected course topics are based on our experience of working with Goobi for over ten years, as well as the feedback we have received from more than forty establishments where the program is in everyday use for a wide variety of projects. Nevertheless, the list of topics can always be adapted to meet individual requirements, and we can even incorporate your own materials and working methods.
The ‘Goobi Administration’ course generally covers the following topics in detail:
- Accessing Goobi through a console
- Goobi’s directory structure
Metadata and mappings
- Importing data (sources, paths, conversion)
- Detailed editing of rulesets
- Mapping metadata (Mods, Pica)
- New publication types
- Integrating a back-up system
- Integrating an archive solution
- Authentication and file system access
- Basic configuration options
- Goobi configuration files (plugins, catalogues, main configuration)
- Connecting a presentation system for data export
- Individual localisation via messages
- Installing plugins
- Batch manipulation via GoobiScript, database and file system
- Manual manipulation
- Scripts in Goobi and typical application scenarios (conversion, compression, data enrichment)
- Individual validation
- Integrating tools, scripts and external applications
The course lasts around six hours plus breaks. The morning session is mainly theoretical, while the afternoon session is more practical with a focus on the individual needs of participants.
All course participants have their own work station with access to Goobi so that they can practise what they have learned and perform a range of digitisation project tasks. A book scanner is also provided (linked to Goobi) to ensure that participants gain experience of dealing with realistic situations.
There is no need to bring along your own computer. intranda will provide all the documentation and technical equipment needed, as well as free WLAN access. Your course fee includes catering.
The maximum group size is ten.
Course dates and registration
Provided that we receive at least four confirmed and binding applications, the ‘Goobi Administration’ will be held on the following dates:
The course fee is EUR 290 plus VAT for each participant.
For all courses, applications must be received no later than two weeks beforehand. Please use the form on our website to pre-register for the course. We will then contact you to discuss any specific course requirements that you may have.
Comments are closed.